Parras settlers beggin to come in the year 1578, taking place a more stable colonization nine years later.
The establishments that had failed, among them the one from the Copala that was presumably realised in the Lagoon's border and the mercedes gived to particulars, pass to be from the Spanish Francisco of Urdinola.
Urdinola established his house, vineyards and warehouses, naming the place the Mission of Santa Maria from the Parras (Vines). The hacienda would be recognized as hacienda from above, also like the stay of Urdinola and after the Independence of Mexico, like Hacienda del Rosario.
Some years later there was another property that as the same from Urdinola had began to produce, this one was located towards three miles to the north and was called under Hacienda from San Lorenzo of Don Lorenzo Garcia.
After several years, in February 18th of 1598, the captain Anton Martin Zapata accompanied by the Jesuit Father Juan Agustin de Espinoza, occupied the territory to wich they gave the name of Santa Maria de las Parras Ville.One year later and by express orders of the Virrey Gaspar de Zuniga and Acevedo, count of Monterrey, are come to transfer to thise lands an important tlaxcaltecas indigenous group, that in that time where satled in Saltillo. As testimony of such event, the city conserves a cross that is in a place known as the Texcalco Cave, place where the indigenous congregation was created.
Finally Parras stop belonging to the jurisdiction of the Nueva Viscaya, by Criminal Certificate of May 21st of 1785, it was added along with another fact that is part from Parras history, happening in July 4th of 1821, when the authorities from the place sign the Independence of Mexico and 25 years later, the place was occupied by the forces of the North American intervention controled by the General John Wool.
In 1866, the Mexican forces defeat the French armies beginning therefore the triumph of the Republic over the second empire. Two years after this event, Villa de Parras was elevated to the category of city, having shown now the name of Parras de la Fuente, in honor to the lawyer Juan Antonio de la Fuente, born in Saltillo and defender of the Mexicans against the French invaders.
During the revolutionary war, Parras did not remain to the margin, since April 16th of 1911; the maderistas forces in the control of the General Adame Macias took the city.
In spite of the national and foreign armed interventions that lived Parras, its economic development didn't stop, proof of it was the fruitful factory la Estrella, created in 1854 by colonel Rafael Aguirre and acquired in 1898 by Evaristo Madero (grandfather of the Illustrious Francisco I. Madero and his brother Gustavo A. Madero), same that founded the most famous wine producing house Madero and that managed to consolidate its international fame in the high quality denim production.
The history of the Municipality of Parras and in particular of the locality from Parras de la Fuente, its buildings and customs that have remained intact for hundreds of years, have been worth its adhesion to the Program of Magical Towns that was made by the Mexican Tourism Secretariat.
In the year 2004, Parras de la Fuente becomes the first city in the North of Mexico declared as "Magic Town", following it in 2005, Alamos, Sonora.